Florida Continuing Education Requirements
Required CE Schedule Elective CE Schedule
Ways to obtain Continuing Education Credits:
- Webinars (No Testing is Required) - Students must be on-time or will be considered No Shows to class. Time cannot be made up in other classes. It is highly recommended to login at least 10-15 minutes prior to the Webinar beginning time and test your computer before the day of class. See the "System Requirements" below for more information.
Webinars are conducted through GoToWebinar and may be viewed on any type of mobile device. Emails are sent immediately upon registration and reminder emails up to one-hour before the Webinar begins. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure the email address supplied is entered correctly and does not block email links sent from GoToWebinar. IF you do not receive an email immediatly upon registration, please check your Spam folder, also make sure the email address on file is correct.
The day of class, follow instructions on the email and click the "Join Webinar" button. The "Join Webinar" button provides your access to class and logs your attendance in the Webinar, which is a state requirement for credit. You must click on "Join Webinar" to actually be logged in, no mater what device is being used to view the Webinar.
Computer or mobile device issues, such as login problems or blocked emails, for online classes are not the responsibility of the school. Computer requirements listed on our website must be reviewed to make sure the computer or mobile device to be used is compatible with the LogMein GoToWebinar program. It is each student's responsibility to make sure the email address supplied is correct and does not block this type of Webinar program or email, especially if using a business computer.
If you are having technical difficulities please contact tech support for GoToWebinar at 1-888-259-8414.
Wi-Fi can be used for your connection, however because this is not a stable connection you may experience audio difficulties. There is nothing we or tech support can do to alleviate these issues. Using phone data is the best and most stable way for phone connections.
- Please Note that Affidavits and Course Outlines are located in your "Hilda Tucker School Account" under "Additional Resources". There is also a link to an Affidavit on this page under "Useful Links".
- NEW! Online Self-Study Text-Based Courses (Quick, Easy, Informative) - These self-paced Online Text-Based CE Courses require short quizzes to obtain course credit. Students are provided a 90-day access to each course. The course must be completed and quizzes passed within that time frame or the course expires and must be repurchased. Upon completion, the Certificate of Completion is available in your Hilda Tucker Insurance School account.
The school office reports credit hours to the Florida Department of Financial Services every other business day. Please allow 3-5 business days for your records to be updated once the report has been received by the Department.
- On-site Classes - We also offer Continuing Education courses for groups at your office location. Contact the school office and we will be happy to discuss the particulars and send you a proposal.
Required Continuing Education Hours:
- All Agents and Adjusters are required to take a 5-hour Law & Ethics Update CE course every 2 years as part of the Continuing Education requirements.
- This couse must be specific to the type of license held.
- If the Agent or Adjuster holds two different license types, only one 5-hour course is required and can be specific to either one of the licenses.
- Any extra 5-hour Law & Ethics Update courses taken can be counted for Elective CE credit hours.
Elective Continuing Education Hours:
- Except as provided below, each licensee must also complete 19 hours of Elective continuing education courses every 2 years.
- Any course that has been approved for Continuing Education credits in Florida will qualify for Elective credits.
- These hours do not have to be license specific.
Repeating CE Courses:
- You may repeat a course as much as you wish, BUT you may not receive CE Credit in Florida if you repeat a course within 2 years from the original completion date.
- It is the student's responsibility to check their "My Profile" account to verify courses are not being repeated within this 2 year period.
- Licensee who has been licensed for 6 years or more must complete a minimum of 15 hours of elective continuing education every 2 years; for a total of 20 hours of CE credits.
- Licensee who has been licensed for 25 years or more and is a CLU or a CPCU or has a Bachelor of Science degree in risk management or insurance education of 18 or more semester hours in insurance-related course must complete a minimum of 5 hours of elecetive continuing education courses every 2 years; for a total of 10 hours of CE credits.
- Individuals licensed as a customer representative, limited customer representative, motor vehicle physical damage and mechanical breakdown insurance agent, or an industrial fire insurance or burglary insurance agent and who is not a licensed life or health agent, must complet a minimum of 5 hours of continuing education courses every 2 years; for a total of 10 hours of CE credits.
- Excess hours accumulated during any 2 year compliance period may be carried forward to the next compliance period.
Florida Statute - 626.2815
Required Hours: Each licensee except a title insurance agent must complete a 5-hour update course every 2 years which is specific to the license held by the licensee. The course must be approved by the department and include the following subject areas: insurance law updates, ethics for insurance professionals, disciplinary trends and case studies, industry trends, premium discounts, determining suitability of products and services, and other similar insurance-related topics relevant to legally and ethically carrying out the responsibilities of the license granted. A licensee who holds multiple insurance licenses must complete an update course that is specific to at least one of the licenses held. Except as otherwise specified, any remaining required hours of continuing education are elective and may consist of any continuing education course approved by the department under this section.
System Requirements for Webinars:
On a PC:
· Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 or later
· Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection (1 Mbps or faster)
· Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB or more of RAM
On a Mac:
· Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
· Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection (1 Mbps or faster)
· Intel processor (2GB of RAM or better)
· Participants wishing to connect to audio using VoIP a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.)
On an iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows mobile device:
· Free GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining app from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Store
· WiFi connection recommended for VoIP audio