Florida General Lines 2-20 License
General Lines 2-20 Schedule
The Florida General Lines 2-20 License, or "Property-Casualty License", allows individuals to transact insurance business in Personal and Commercial Lines of insurance, such as; Workers' Compensation, Surety, Marine, Health and Miscellaneous Lines. It also enables an individual to open and operate their own independent insurance agency.
- NEW! Online Self-Study - The 200-Hr General Lines Licensing Course is offered as a Self-Study Online course mirroring the state exam content outline. The course allows complete flexibililty of time and 24/7 access. Hundreds of questions are included to test your understanding of the material. Questions are sprinkled throughout the course as a review of concepts and terms being discussed. A PDF copy of the Hilda Tucker Insurance School General Lines/Personal Lines Exam Prep Workbook is included as an additional resource.
This course is designed for those who have no insurance background and are seeking a General Lines license as well as those holding at 20-44 Personal Lines or 440/442 Customer Representative license.
- In Classroom - In person courses are offered in our Orlando facility.
- NEW! Live Webinar Virtual Classroom - The General Lines Courses are also offered as a Live Online Webinar. Webinars are conducted in real-time. Upon registration an email is sent with course information and a link to the Webinar. Webinars are conducted through GoToWebinar and may be viewed on any mobile device. It is your responsibility to provide a correct email address. IF you do not receive an email from GoToWebinar with the link, please check your Spam folder.
The day of class, follow instructions on the email and click the "Join Webinar" button. The "Join Webinar" button provides your access to class and logs your attendance in the Webinar, which is a state requirement for credit. You must click on "Join Webinar" to actually be logged in, no mater what device is being used to view the Webinar.
Computer or mobile device issues, such as login problems or blocked emails, for online classes are not the responsibility of the school. Computer requirements listed below must be reviewed to make sure the computer or mobile device to be used is compatible with the LogMein GoToWebinar program. It is each student's responsibility to make sure the email address supplied is correct and does not block this type of Webinar program or email, especially if using a business computer.
Steps and requirements to obtaining a Resident 2-20 General Lines License:
*NO Insurance Experience:
The 200-hour General Lines Qualificaiton Course must be completed with a passing grade of 70% or higher within four (4) years of the application date for the General Lines 2-20 license.
If you currently hold a Personal Lines (20-44), Customer Representative (4-40), or Service Representative (0-55) license and have been appointd for at least one year, you may qualify for a reduction in education hours. Please see the 40-hour General Lines 2-20 License Course.
Required Course Material:
Hilda Tucker Exam Prep General Lines/Personal Lines Workbook - Go to our Bookstore to purchase the Workbook
System Requirements for Webinars:
On a PC:
· Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 or later
· Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection (1 Mbps or faster)
· Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB or more of RAM
On a Mac:
· Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
· Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection (1 Mbps or f
· Intel processor (2GB of RAM or better)
· Participants wishing to connect to audio using VoIP a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.)
On an iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows mobile device:
· Free GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining app from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Store
· WiFi connection recommended for VoIP audio